Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Gulp, Gulp, Gulp

So we had to go back to UNC yesterday. It had been a while since we were there last and we saw Leah our Speech/Feeding person, mommy knows her title. Anyway, I had to do a swallow study again and Tio was going to record it for daddy to watch because they were going to give me cereal to see how well I swallowed it. Okay all I have to say is WHAT IS WITH THAT WHITE STUFF THEY PUT IN MY BOTTLE! They kept calling it barium something or other. All I know is that it was so nasty. I NEVER remembered it tasting so bad. I have had this done twice already. Well I fussed and got upset, but they were able to get the pictures and tell mommy what she and daddy need to do to help me. I am as-per-rate-ing. That is what it sounds like. Mommy looked a little worried because they said if it happens too much and I get my milk in my chest I can get really sick. So they have to be careful and now start practicing with me eating sitting up with thicker milk. I guess I can't be so comfortable like I usually am on my pillow drinking my milk....Yeah, I will tell you about that one later! Sheesh...

Anyway, then they tried this stuff on a spoon and mommy put it in my mouth. This was weird. This was the cereal. I didn't like that taste of that EITHER. It was sooo different. But they were able to get the pictures they needed with that and then the torture was finally OVER!!! Finally I was able to drink my regular milk! Oh yeah baby. That was good.

Well when daddy got home we tried the thick milk with cereal in the bottle...what was that about?! When mommy squeezed it was spitting in my mouth! Yeah that took a while to get used to. Mommy kept telling daddy she was going to have to find something else. Then daddy gave me my cereal. This one tasted way better then the one with the barium stuff. Half of it was on my bib and mommy was laughing at the faces I was making in the beginning. Daddy was making some weird noise and circling the spoon in front of my face. I just kept trying to grab it. Mommy had to hold my hands down. But, needless to say it was an interesting night. LOL

But I still woke up at 1:45 this morning for another bottle...to mommy's surprise....come on it is my JOB to keep them on their toes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers