Friday, February 19, 2010

Okay...Here is the Latest

Well it has been a wild ride. I was in the hospital yesterday ALL DAY and then I had to have surgery on my jaw line. Yeah I know it is one thing or another. Here is the quick run down.

Feb. 7th Mommy and Daddy noticed a little bump on my jaw line, at the place where the did my surgery on the left side. We have had problems with this before.


Feb. 8th Mommy called the doctor and they told me to go get checked out on Thursday Feb. 11.


Feb 11th we go to the doc, got checked out, they weren't worried. They said watch it and gave Mommy a prescription for some banana flavored medicine, she calls it Augmenten (it is okay).


Feb. 14th Mommy and Daddy noticed that my little bump got bigger, a lot more red and just looked funky.


Feb. 15th Mommy sent Rachel the nurse pictures of the change in my little bump that they thought was a cyst and told her that she was going to start giving me the antibiotic. Rachel showed the pictures to my doctor and he said he wanted to see me on Thursday Feb 18th.


Feb 18th Mommy, Tio and I went to the doctor, they looked at my bump and they put me on the surgery schedule for that day. Rachel told Mommy that that might happen, so I couldn't eat that day in the morning and Mommy TRIED to give me this thing called Pedialyte YUCK and then some apple juice thing, yeah I did not enjoy this and wanted my milk, but Mommy kept saying she was sorry and she couldn't give it to me. Well after WAITING ALL DAY, Mommy said I was such a trooper because I wasn't crying for food or anything. I was just being me and waiting. I did get a little fussy when I was tired, but that was about it.


But we finally went in and things went really well Mommy said. They didn't have to take out my plates on my jaw. The infection was just at the skin on the outside, not at the bone and we got to go home last night.


Oh and when I got to the recovery room, I did drink that juice!!! It was good, but I was just really thirsty and hungry so I would have taken anything! Daddy came to pick up me and Mommy and we went home. Today is a better day and Mommy is coming home early from work to take care of me. Tio is hanging with me this morning.

So here are the pictures of what has been going on...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers