Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Bunch of Stuff Goin' On! Check Out My Mechanic Skills

Well check out these pics. Daddy said he was having some trouble with the truck so I decided to take a look and see what I could do.


Everything looked good under there.....

That bolt was tightened properly..... I couldn't figure it out, but I did get dirty!! Mommy said I looked "Grubby" LOL

Oh check this out, Daddy and I are always playing with his hats and he and Mommy bought me like 3 of them. So I take Daddy's hat and put it on him and take it off, then he puts it on me and I take it off. I know, it is silly, but I am spending time with my Daddy playing around. Check out what I did with the penguin!!! Oh Mommy laughed so hard and so did I when I got it on!!!

Okay now, let's get down to business. We went to UNC yesterday to get ready for my surgery. They are going to fix the top part of my mouth, it is called a palate. Oh and Mommy is not taking me to my regular pediatrician until I am 13 months. Something about more shots and me getting sick or having a reaction before surgery. Mommy said she doesn't want to risk it.

So here are my stats from UNC:

21lbs 6oz (Mommy thought I was weighing more) and 28 inches

Okay now listen to this.....supposedly I may need hearing aids....I know, I know right, it is crazy. One thing after another, but they were testing me AGAIN and they say I am having a hard time responding to low tones. Mommy got a bit upset, but I was hanging out playing with Michelle the assistant when she and Miss Sara were talking. So next step is they are going to do a more scientific test where they play clicks in my ear while I'm asleep and see how my brain reacts. Then they will really be able to know if I am just not paying attention and want to play with the toys or if I need a little help. Only I know...and I am not telling you because I think this test will be cool and I want to find out what they see. I mean the test that they do now is some sound and some flashing lights. It gets kind of old after a while, but we will see. I know it is a little selfish and Mommy is a little worried, but she said, likes she always says, "We will deal with it and get through it!" And then Dr. Rose the guy that is also putting tubes in my ears, I know! I know! he said that they will test after the tubes go in because sometimes that helps and if I still need the hearing aids then I will mostly need them when I am in school. I heard him say to Mommy that when I get big, it will be my choice because the hearing issue is not that big. I hear really well for some range, which is what matters, he said.

So, that test is going to happen when they do my palate repair.

So June 16th is the big day and everyones' prayers help so keep it coming! Ohh and Pop Pop and Titi Chell are going to be here with me.

Now only if they could stop trying to get me to drink from that sippy cup, things will be great. I like the regular cup people, not those things with the spout. Bottle or regular cup, there is no negotiation on this one. Got it?!

Okay gotta go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers