Wednesday, June 30, 2010

June 16th Was the Big Day....Palate Repair

I know it has been a while, but this whole thing going on in my mouth has me a bit out there! There was so much going on and still so much going on. I might have to have Mommy take over, but I will let you know what happened.

Well they fixed my mouth, but I don't know if I am happy about this or what yet. I have been playing with my tongue a bit more and I can do this new thing, Mommy calls it suction. I can close my mouth and I pull my upper lip down and tighten up my mouth. Mommy thinks she knows what I am doing, Daddy says I am playing with my tongue, but I am just trying to figure all this new stuff out.

So I go in for this surgery, same routine, you know been there done that, but afterwards was very different. I didn't see, but Mommy said I had a lot of blood and stuff coming out of my nose and my mouth because of the surgery. She said she was very upset. I was in a lot of pain and they kept giving me medicine. I didn't have to go to the special room for extra care, they were able to send me to a regular room so that was good and Mommy was happy that we were going to have a bigger room. Titi Chell was with us and she spent the night also, with Mommy and Daddy.

It was a rough night and a rough few days. I had to spend extra time at the hospital because the whole eating and drinking thing wasn't working. Come on people my mouth HURT do you seriously expect me to put anything else in there. It is all swollen and stuff. Well we finally got the eating under control and some drinking and they let us go home.

Hey check this out, the first time I came home from the hospital after I was born was the day before Father's Day and I came home this year two days before Father's Day to be with Daddy. Mommy said it is something called, ironic....not sure what that means but at least we were in our house on Father's Day!


When we got home I still had some trouble drinking, eating is okay but I really don't like these cup things and I am not a fan of the milk not in my bottle. I can't use the bo-bo anymore. Mommy was worried about me dehydrating and she took me to my pediatrician and they were okay as long as I have 4 pee pee diapers in a day. Look, I don't count them. Mommy does and we haven't ended up in the hospital so I guess I am okay. I still don't like drinking and Mommy and Daddy FORCE me to, but they say I need to do it. So a little bit here and there, they chance me around with a sippy cup and squeeze it to quirt in my mouth LOL Oh it is funny, though I get really mad and fuss and swing at the cup. But whatever, they don't know what is going on in my mouth I DO!!!!

Oh and check it out, they confirmed that I have some hearing loss so I need some new hardware. I am getting these things called hearing aides. Here is a picture.



They are supposed to help me out with hearing low tones and help me learning new words to say. I don't need them all the time, I'm not deaf, I am what they say is hard of hearing. I am also going to have a teacher that is going to help Mommy and Daddy teach me new words. She is from some program called Early Intervention. I hope she is nice because I meet new people all the time and most of them are okay. Mommy said she is coming to meet us next Tuesday.

Well after I was home for a while and the doctor said it was okay we went to NJ and saw Pop-Pop, Nino, Lauren, Uncle Joey and got to meet my Titi Kenia and my other cousins. That was fun, but Mommy and Daddy took off to a wedding. She said my Titi Lily was getting married and I was not happy! Come on, you leave me with NEW people in a NEW house I was upset. I saw Mommy she got upset when they left, but then Titi Kenia gave me a bath and I fell asleep for a bit. It wasn't THAT BAD......

Well I still don't like the drinking thing, but whatever, I'll do what I have to do. They MAKE me drink anyway!! Mommy says I am getting my personality back. Oh but I discovered this thing called a "temper tantrum" at least that is what Mommy calls them. Listen, from time to time I need to get out my frustration. NOBODY understands me. My mouth is all funny and new. I want to see EVERYTHING that is going on from a top view (which means pick me up or have me on the counter - Mommy doesn't think that is safe) and I don't have much patience right now.

I have been through A LOT so cut me some slack. Though I got Mommy really mad yesterday so I think I may have to not be so fussy....because she got mad and LOUD and I did not like that. She told me she didn't like it either so maybe her and I need to come to an agreement....I don't know I am only one...do I really need to negotiate on these things right now???? Hmmmmm....

Well off I go. I am with the new baby sitter, she seems cool and there are other kids in the house to play with, but I am not a big fan right now. We'll have to see how it all goes down....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers