Saturday, August 1, 2009

Just Call Me Kent...Clark Kent

Well, I got my glasses!!! I can see mommy and daddy A LOT better now. And let me tell you...this was a process. When we picked up my glasses from my eye doctor they didn't have anything to hold them up off of my nose and they pushed against my eyes. Man! I couldn't even open my eyes! Mommy was upset, but she went on a mission to find something to fix my glasses, or another pair that would work. Gwen started looking for places on the computer. Finally, after calling all over Raleigh and Cary and other cities here and all the eye glasses stores Gwen found, and realizing NO ONE had my little size, mommy remembered a website she had seen when we found out I was going to need glasses. She looked up Solo Bambini again. Mommy loves this website! They have cool glasses for babies like me. She called them, the store is in California. I don't know exactly where that is, but mommy says that it is far. So after talking with the ladies at the store they decided on a game plan with mommy. Mommy would have the Optical Center send my glasses to Solo Bambini and they would put nose pads on them. This doesn't mean much to me, but mommy was calling daddy at work to let him know and she was SOOOO excited. Well, finally a week and a half after all of that I got my new eyes!!!

My whole world opened up when they put those glasses on me. Mommy almost cried. Lauren and Nino were with us when we went to pick them up. They thought I looked really cool with them on.

I just want to say thank you to Solo Bambini and the Raleigh Optical Center for helping mommy and me.

Also, I am going in for my surgery on Monday. Mommy and daddy are asking everyone to pray for a speedy recovery. I'm not sure what that means, but I just don't want to stay in the hospital a looooong time. I mean, everyone is nice, but I have had too many visits so far. I also overheard mommy telling daddy that the plates and screws and stuff they are going to put on my jaw to help move it down are going to be "absorbed into my tissue". This sounds a little weird to me, but she also said that now I will only have to have one surgery. They won't have to cut me open again to get them out! Woo-Hoo (mommy says that a lot. I don't know yet, if that is a cool thing to do or if it is corny. But she always laughs when she says it so I will use it for now.)

Mommy says she is going to try to keep everyone posted on my surgery and healing time. Stay tuned....

1 comment:

  1. awww...he looks so cute in his glasses!!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers